Ooops - Sorry Monday morning cut & paste error -  patch number should read 3110923

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 22 September 2003 11:55
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

I tried it on 9.2.0.4 in Win2k and it does indeed disconnect my session :( Nothing in
udump, but it does write to core.log in cdump.

regards
Jo

Munish Bajaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
09/22/2003 10:19
Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Subject:        Bug in 9.2.0.4

Hi Listers

Any idea about this Bug in 9.2.0.4.

If you try "select 'Hello' from dual order by 1 desc;" you may run into
the bug. It creates a dump in udump and could disconnect your session.
Oracle is creating a one-off patch to fix.

The bug is for any order by x, where x is a number, desc and the column is
a constant.
It does not happen on my instance. Any Details will be appreciated.

Regards
Munish Bajaj

removed from).  You may also send the HELP command for other information (like
subscribing).
Author: Nigel Bishop