# get number of processes to run from cmd line

if [ -z $1 ]; then
        #default to 5
        MAX_CHILD_COUNT=5
else
        MAX_CHILD_COUNT=$1
fi

echo Running $MAX_CHILD_COUNT children

CHILD_COUNT=0
while [ $CHILD_COUNT -lt $MAX_CHILD_COUNT ]
do
        (( CHILD_COUNT = CHILD_COUNT + 1))
        # run your command in the background
        # sqlplus -s $USERNAME/$PASSWORD @thc1.sql $CHILD_COUNT 2>/dev/null &
        echo $CHILD_COUNT
done

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 09/25/2003 09:54 AM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:        Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Subject:        createing test sessions

   I want to run some sql scripts and i need to open 255 session at same time and
  these session will run somw sql scripts.

  HOW CAN I OPEN  255 session at the same time ?
  may be a tool , may be shell script.....

 Help bittee........
Author: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com
San Diego, California        -- Mailing list and web hosting services