Very interesting and relevant discussion.

One point that stands out is that we must make ourselves valuable
to the business we work for.  If we don't, then we're just too easy to replace.

My manager ( who is definitely *not* a damager, thank goodnes ) has made
me the IT lead for Sarbanes Oxley. At the moment that is fairly straight forward,
as it is a relatively small, but expensive, application for tracking financial info.
( it also unfortunately runs on SQL Server ).

In the near future though, the SarbOx requirements will involve integration with
the financial systems ( which are on Oracle ) and real time or near real time
reporting.  This is going to be a very big deal.

I see this as an opportunity to make myself more valuable to the company, and
intend to take advantage of it.

Jared

Daniel Fink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]