-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 10:20 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Hallo,

Anyone whom could gíve me some good help on this.

I have a table with one field, called Company_id
Like this

       Company_id

      16
      45
      50

In table 2 I have this field and values:

Company_id  Lev_id            Vare_id

              16  45          56
              34  10          20
              67  10          20
              45  15          30
              50  12          12

I would like to from table 2 do a select and find the Company_ids from table1 and find
out the responding lev_id and vare_id in table2and then insert them into a new
table(table3) so it would look like this:

Company_id        Lev_id            Vare_id
16                45          56

Anyone whom could give me some help on this how to write the sql- query.

I have tried with this sql query. What is wrong?

insert into table3(company_id,lev_id,vare_id)
    select company_id,lev_id,vare_id from table2 where vare_id = 56
    (where exists select  company_id  from table1)

Thanks in advance

Roland

Author: Scott Canaan