-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 2:24 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

I just passed the Net8 Administration OCP exam. This was my last exam, so I
suppose I am now an OCP for Oracle8i.
   Thanks to everyone for their helpful tips. Some people said (or implied)
that this is a very easy exam. I would dispute that. I found it just like
the other exams, in that if you have quite a bit of on-the-job experience in
the area, then it is easy. If not, you'll have to study more. In my case,
   - I don't like networking, and hate to drop everything to configure or
debug someone's tnsnames.ora file.
   - Never had an Oracle networking class.
   - Our site has only needed local naming, so that is pretty much all my
networking experience. Found all the questions related to local naming
pretty easy. Never used Oracle Names, Connection Manager, MTS, Advanced
Security. With the trend toward application servers with their connection
pooling feature, I don't foresee us using any of those Oracle tools. I may
need to use LDAP in the future, but that wasn't covered in the Oracle8i Net8
exam
My goal was just to study and practice enough to practice the exam, and I
accomplished the goal. Not a very lofty goal, but sometimes you do what you
gotta do. Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions.
Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS

Author: Odland, Brad