Hi gurus,

Oracle 8.1.7.3 on Sun Solaris
One of our databases has been updated by Shareplex, and we have a huge
performance problem....

Shareplex is the only process running on this database.
Here is the output of v$session_event

SID EVENT                  TOTAL_WAITS TOTAL_TIMEOUTS TIME_WAITED
AVERAGE_WAIT
-- -------            ----------- -------------- ----------- ------------
17 latch free                   83             69           1   ,012048193
17 log file sync                15              0           9           ,6
17 db file sequential read      52              0           6   ,115384615
17 file open                     1              0           0            0
17 SQL*Net message to client   74791              0          27   ,000361006
17 SQL*Net message from client 74791              0        5235   ,069995053

I really don't see any Oracle performance problems.....

My problem is the backlog (queue) of Shareplex is getting bigger and bigger.
Where is the bottleneck?

The only thing I can see is the server.  The server is a Ultra-80, 2 CPU
450Mhz, 2048Megs of RAM
According to "top", this process is taking 50% of the CPU.
and my "load average" is 1.26, 1.27, 1.24

My average load exceed 1, can I conclude that the CPU is the bottleneck?

What are my possibilities?

TIA
Luc

---------