Rachel Carmichael
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 1:19 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
urgently

As an author, let me just add that it pains US to have to say "which
I'll show you in ......".

Books are laid out in some sort of order although readers don't always
read from chapter 1 straight through to the end. If we were to go off
on every tangent so as not to say "see such and thus later", a reader
who was "sampling" by looking things up in the index or table of
contents, would be totally lost.

Plus the thread of the lesson would get hopelessly tangled.

It's a fine line between explaining everything right now and saying
"later".

Author: Rachel Carmichael

Author: Cary Millsap