Hello All,

I've been connecting to a customers server via VPN.

I've been able to connect to the database on the server  via SQLPLUS & Toad
but when I try to do an import or connect via SQLPLUS /NOLOG I get an
ORA-24314 error (no service handler).

I've tried looking for an answer on the web but no joy.

I rang the dba at the site and got him to connect to the machine (not via
VPN) and he had no problems doing the import and connecting via SQLPLUS
/NOLOG.
I also connected to another box via pcanywhere and had no problems with the
SQLPLUS /NOLOG option.

What I would like to know is how come some oracle operations are not
possible via VPN?

Thanks in advance,

N.

ps oracle version 8.1.7.4 running on Windows 2000 server

<<winmail.dat>>