Nuno Pinto do Souto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> And that's why I feel disabling SYS or SYSTEM purely on
> "security" grounds makes no sense whatsoever

I'm not sure that's what the OP wanted. He wanted to know if stopping use of
SYS and SYSTEM on a regular basis will be acceptable, not "disable" them. It
sure is.

Besides, how does one disable the account? Lock it? SYSTEM can be locked but
SYS can't be; hence the whole concept of disabling does not make sense.

I feel the auditors merely wanted the OP to stop using SYS and SYSTEM on a
regular basis in operations that require a DBA access - such as full exports
and selecting from disctionary tables. IMHO this is a very valid advisory
and not difficult to follow.

Arup