-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 11:49 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Barry,

I suggest you open a Tar with Oracle, unless you're sure changing your
application is easy. Oracle obviously missed this little detail by
over-rejecting a previously legitimate role. If 9i's Release note doesn't
say
how to deal with this case, then Oracle support should open a bug.

Tom,

It's not always easy to have a futuristic view to avoid potential problems.
The
developer probably shouldn't have granted anything to internal back then.
But
it wasn't obvious at that time that doing so could cause a problem later.

Yong Huang

--- Barry Deevey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This would explain why it worked when I tried it on oracle 8 then.
>
> The developers that originally created the application left quite a while
> ago, so I don't think I'll be able to ask them why they did it this way.
> But basically you're saying that it shouldn't have been done like this and
> now it needs to be changed.
>
> Not the answer I was hoping for, but at least now I know!!
>
> Thanks for your help all.

And
> a new release caught you on this mistake.  And now, you have to fix it.
It

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
Author: Yong Huang

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F