-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 1:50 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Folks,

I thought it'd be interesting to take a survey on what techniques and
frameworks DBA's on this list use to manage their Oracle databases.  I
imagine that some of us manage only a single database and instance, but in
those configurations where there are many instances, multiple databases,
different platforms/versions, etc., what are some of the strategies for
management in place?  What daily tasks do you perform, and how do you
organize them?  How do you manage user requests (individually or as part
of a larger environment)?  How do you handle jobs?  Organization
techniques?  Naming standards?  User/application deployment framework,
etc., etc.?

(Obviously we could write a book about this -- there's an idea! -- but
summaries and pointers would be interesting.  Perhaps we can come up with
a best practices document and associated framework for Oracle database
management.)

Thanks,

Adam

Author: Goulet, Dick