Thanks for the clarifications, Cary.

With regards to a hardware sizing - how do LIOs fit
into queueing theory? Let's say I can come up with
something like:

#CPUs required = Sum( LIOs(Bus.Tx i)) /
                (10,000*clock rate/100)

where i={Bus.Tx 1..n}

[on a projected box that haven't been bought yet, it
might be a little difficult to estimate the
denominator, ... and on the existing one I guess I
have to get hold of Jonathan's paper to learn how this
can be done]

..but in any event for forecasting purposes, how
queueing effect might be taken into account here?
Let's say I measured Sum( LIOs(...)) for a 50 users in
a unit testing environment and I am told that
production would be 10 times more than that, what do I
do?

Thanks,
Boris Dali.

My answers are in-line, preceded with “[Cary

=== message truncated ===

Author: Boris Dali