Ken:

When running from cron the user's .profile does not get executed.  So your
ORACLE_BASE, ORACLE_HOME etc does not get created in your os environment.
So on the line that you want to execute the export.  Before the exp command
add ". ~/.profile &&" (without the double quotes) exp user/password
tables.dmp.  This will execute the .profile first, set your environments and
then do the export.

Ron
Ron Cetnar
Supervising Programmer/Analyst/Oracle DBA
ITS - University Applications Development

State University of New York at Albany
MSC 100
1400 Washington Ave
Albany, NY 12222