Like I said.  There are new packages, procedures, functions, etc... in
TEST that we do not want to lose.

Ron

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 9:04 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Ron - You should consider refreshing the instance by cloning your
production database. This way you get an exact replica in all respects,
and you can test your backup as a bonus. If you are interested in this
method, tell us how you backup your production database.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.

Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 8:55 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

I need to do a refresh of a test database using production data.  We use
import for this.  In the past we have always dropped the schemas (4 or
5), recreated the schemas, and then did a full import with ignore=n.
This time the user does not want to lose any of the new functions and
procedures that are in test, but not in prod.  Instead, they would like
to just refresh the table data.  Last time we tried this we had all
kinds of trouble with functions, triggers, constraints, etc... and ended
up doing a full import.

Is there a tried and true way to just refresh the table data without
losing anything else and without having all the problems with triggers
and constraints?

Thanks!
Ron

Author: Smith, Ron L.

command for other information (like subscribing).
Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS

command for other information (like subscribing).
Author: Smith, Ron L.