-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 11:59 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Hi Ron,

For just testdata you might take a look at http://www.databee.com/main.htm,
this can help you.
Dennis' method will work, but doesn't answer your question, because a
production copy will overwrite all new functionality as well. However, his
suggestion isn't as bad as it might seem on a first sight. How is the
user/developer gonig to install all new functionality/triggers/functions
etc? He might wan't to test his installation procedures as well,  and
otherwise you might want him to.

So, wrap up all the new functionality in neat installations scripts, take a
copy of the production database and start testing the installation scripts.
It's the only way to be sure that what's tested in your test databaes will
actually get installed in your production database.

At 06:54 16-12-03 -0800, you wrote:
>I need to do a refresh of a test database using production data.  We
>use import for this.  In the past we have always dropped the schemas (4
>or 5), recreated the schemas, and then did a full import with ignore=n.
>This time the user does not want to lose any of the new functions and
>procedures that are in test, but not in prod.  Instead, they would like
>to just refresh the table data.  Last time we tried this we had all
>kinds of trouble with functions, triggers, constraints, etc... and
>ended up doing a full import.
>
>Is there a tried and true way to just refresh the table data without
>losing anything else and without having all the problems with triggers
>and constraints?

Regards, Carel-Jan

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===

Author: Carel-Jan Engel

removed from).  You may also send the HELP command for other information (like
subscribing).
Author: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Ram=F3n_Estevez?=