-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 5:04 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

How is this set on 8.1.7 and 8.1.6 databases

RMAN> CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY TO RECOVERY WINDOW OF 8 DAYS;

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00558: error encountered while parsing input commands
RMAN-01005: syntax error: found "identifier": expecting one of: "compatible"
RMAN-01008: the bad identifier was: RETENTION
RMAN-01007: at line 1 column 11 file: standard input

I looked at commands such as

crosscheck backup of database completed before 'SYSDATE-7';
delete expired backup of database completed before 'SYSDATE-7';

But crosscheck only expires backups which are in the catalog, but not
available on the backup media.

Do I have to use the change command and designate each backup piece?

Ian MacGregor
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Author: MacGregor, Ian A.