It is possible for a single session to require more
than one sort or hash area at a time.  For example
a 4 table hash could require 3 in-memory hash
tables (and therefore use 3 x hash_area_size
in the days before pga_agg_target).

Possibly your session used 150MB, but had
multiple areas open at once, of which the largest
was 90MB.- are the definitions of the columns
completely unambiguous, or is there room for
error in interpreting their use ?

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

  The educated person is not the person
  who can answer the questions, but the
  person who can question the answers -- T. Schick Jr

One-day tutorials:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html

Three-day seminar:
see http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html