Jared,
  Try this link.  It still worked for me this morning.

Scott

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 1/12/04 8:49:25 PM >>>

Dear List,

We have a developer here that is pretty good with the web stuff, but his strong
suit is not databases, or at least not Oracle.

He develops primarily in Cold Fusion, which I know little about.

I'm trying to teach him the difference between literal and bind variables, and the
importance of knowing the difference.  While it is easy to demonstrate this
in PL/SQL or Perl, I have no idea how to do so in CF.

A few minutes of googling didn't really turn up anything useful.

I'm looking for some examples of using bind variables in SQL as used
in Cold Fusion that connects to Oracle 8i.  If you have one, the virtual
beer is on me.  :)

Jared