We move an application that uses OPTIMIZER_MODE=RULE from Oracle8 to 9i. Most of it is fine, but there are two queries that have a very different execution plan. In one case, the execution time increases from less than a minute to more than an hour. Neither query uses any of the new Oracle 9i features.

My understanding is that the Rule optimizer code has not changed, except to account for new features like IOT's. Has anyone else seen this type of behavior?

Keith Moore
Oracle Certified Professional
972-431-5126
material.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that your access is unauthorized, and any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this message including any
attachments is strictly prohibited.   If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and delete the material from any
computer.