*Hi Business Partner,
Hope you are doing good today,**
*
*Please review the requirement and let me know if you have anyone available
for the below position, if yes please send me your consultant updated resume
with the complete contact detail ASAP,
Please send resume at* *br...@rivieraconsult.com <br...@rivieraconsult.com>

Immediate need Linux System Engineer // Hoffman Estates, IL // 6+ Months

Job Title:  Linux System Engineer
Location:  Hoffman Estates, IL
Duration:  6+ Months

Job Discription:
 This position will be responsible for support of the open source Linux
environment residing in non-retail locations.   The Contractor will work
closely with infrastructure, network, database and application teams to
insure business applications are highly available and performing within
agreed on service levels.   They will be primarily responsible for support
of our “private cloud” infrastructure and on-going enhancements

Essential Functions:
Provides day to day production support of our “private cloud” infrastructure
including;
Operating system and hypervisor provisioning
Automation development and support
Charge-back processes
OS template creation and updates

Architectural updates and enhancements to “private cloud” offering
includingOperating system updates:
Hypervisor updates
Data Replication technology
Hardware model changes and updates
Disaster Recovery
Utilize industry standard technologies to insure the integrity of
recoverability of Linux servers; backups, patch installations, performance
monitoring etc.
Work with the project and application development teams to implement new
business initiatives as they relate to the “private cloud”
Works with application teams to install operating system updates, patches,
version upgrades as required.
Implement vulnerability and operating system patches to insure compliance
and system integrity.
Works with application teams to troubleshoot complex problems that impact
our customer’s ability to perform required business functions.

Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required To Perform Essential Functions:
3+ years supporting open source Linux operating systems (RHEL, CENTOS,
Fedora)and hardware in an enterprise environment.
3+ years experience installing, configuring Linux based systems
2+ years supporting cloud based infrastructure including associated open
source hypervisors (XEN, KVM)
Strong scripting expertise including BASH, PHP, PERL, Java script and UNIX
Shell
Expertise in typical system administration and programming skills such as
storage capacity management, performance tuning, system dump analysis,
server hardening (security).
Demonstrated ability to apply problem analysis and resolution techniques to
complex system problems
Project implementation experience including design and management of complex
solutions utilizing Linux Operating Systems and hardware