Ok, I don't know anything about selecting any kind of install.

What I did is this:

I just ran knoppix-installer and went with the defaults.

It installed on my /dev/hda1 as I wanted it to do.  It came up with a
knoppix-type install, which I wanted it to do.  On this machine, the
entire process takes about 2 hours, because of the slow speed of this
processor.

When it was done, I got what I am using right now, a perfectly
installed talking Oralux.

When you went selecting things for that install, how did you do it
exactly?  You might have to re-install to correct the problem.  This
would be the easiest solution.

Hope this helps.

--
Doug Smith: C.S.F.C.