I don't know what live365 is, but I have a program on here that I
think you might like.

It is called mplayer and I use it for streaming radio all the time.
It is known to play all kinds of file formats, and it is reported to
work with the streaming media libraries from

http://www.live555.com

but I find this functionality is totally broken.  It is so bad that it
completely causes the compilation of mplayer to fail if used.
However, you can do this:

Go to the mplayer site at:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/

get the source tarball and the essential codecs package for Linux.

Now, this might sound a little complex, but do this:

Unpack the essential codecs tarball in your home directory.  Then do
this:

move the tarball file of the essential codecs package out of the way
so that the following command will not sweep it along into a place
where it does not belong and cause you to lose it.  You can just put
it in another place out of your home directory.

When the tarball file is out of the way, and I mean, only the one for
the codecs, the one with essential in its name, you will have a
directory in your home directory called essential with some numbers
after it.  Now, do this:

change to root and then:

mv ./essential* /usr/local/lib/codecs

This will place the files required for the mplayer package to play
different media formats to be in the place so that it can find them.

Now, do this:

While still root, because there's no need to keep changing back and
forth so much, unpack the tarball for the mplayer itself.

Now, mv the tarball file to another place if you wish to keep it, just
like the other one.  Keep them both together as they are both needed
if you do any install on another machine or drive.

Now, cd into the directory created by the unpacking of the mplayer
source package.

Now, once there, do this:

./configure; make; make install

Now, go get a soda, some candy, cookies, or whatever or just watch a
movie with your wife.  The compilation and installation of this
program will take quite a while.

When the compilation and installation of this program is complete,
just try it with one of your live radio links.  However, if you keep
each link in a file then you will need to do this:

mplayer -playlist file-name

where playlist means to get the URL from a file, and where file-name
is the place to get it from.

If the sound comes in for you then you have done it.

Hope this helps.

--
Doug Smith: C.S.F.C.
Computer Scientist For CHRIST!