Ok, you didn't put in the codecs wrong.  What did you get? Look inside
the .ra file and see if it contains either a lot of binary mess or if
it contains a link to something else.  A lot of times, .ra and .ram
files contain a link to a .rm file which will really have the data in
it.

That avisynth.dll is some kind of internal error in mplayer's current
code base.  I don't even think I am going to track that bugger down
because it's in almost a gig of source code.  It just acts up like
that some times and I am nor sure why.

If the .ra file really is the data, it should play.  Try playing it on
the network by giving mplayer the link to it directly rather than
downloading it and see if that fixes it.  Sometimes, the data in the
.ra file can get corrupted in transmission.

If this does not work then contact me again and show me what you did
so that I can work with you on it.

Hope this helps.

--
Doug Smith: C.S.F.C.