Hi,
I use flite as my speech engine for Emacspeak and it is quite easy to
change pronunciations from within Emacspeak. I believe yasr also uses
the Emacspeak protocol: but I don't know if this means that the
behaviour of flite can be changed outside Emacspeak. If you find that
the  Emacspeak  method can be adapted to work with yasr etc. I could
write a detailed note on this; but first check out  what "Emacspeak
protocol" means.

Cheers.
Kalyan