I got so sick and tired of buying those expensive filters that I tried this machine:

http://www.charleysgreenhouse.com/catalog/index.cfm?page=_ProductDetails&ProductId=6262

It was also available (at substantial savings) at Costco if you are a member.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=10042818&whse=&topnav=&cat=

No filters required, and I love it. For Draculas, though, I am sure you would need several of these, or something more powerful.

Good Luck -
Denise