Hi All Opps, it was suppose to be perlite, slip of the memory bank. I have used vemiculite in seedling mixes over the years (Not orchids) so it popped up first. Perlite is far better to use but curious how it would hold up Thanks to all whom replyied. Gaves me something to ponder, I will be sticking to my favorite bark mix for a while but maybe try the Odons etc family. Cheerio Ron Warm sunny 19 deg and still in the middle of winter.
o> > Also vermiculite is lightweight. It is 'expanded clay.' > > > Vermiculite is not expanded clay. It is expanded mica. Personally, I would > not use it for orchids, bonsai, or houseplant mix, as it collapses and gets > mushy too quickly. Its best use is as a component of a mix for cuttings and > seedlings (not orchids), along with Perlite and milled sphagnum moss. > Iris > "It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage." -- Indiana Jones > ------------------------------ _______________________________________________ the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD) [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://lists.orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids

