At 10:53 18/08/04 +0000, you wrote:
and nothing less than blowing up the internet would fix it...Magazines are
simply not up to the task of beating the internet back...

In the case of Lindleyana I happen to disagree. I still much regret that the AOS has decided to stop this publication, which was a source of scientific information for which the Internet is not an alternative. Although other publications such as Selbyana do carry studies on orchids too, Lindleyana was unique to the extent that it was entirely devoted to the field of orchidology.

With best regards,

Simon M. Wellinga / SymPhyto - Laboratory for in vitro plant propagation
Heerenveen
The Netherlands / EU