Dennis Westler wrote:
> On an Orchidaceous note, I recently was given Spiranthes sinensis, a plant
I
> had long desired to have. Will this plant thrive in conditions suitable
for
> Spiranthes odorata? Specifically, will it handle wet winters?

Spiranthes sinensis apparently has a very large range, extending from
Siberia to Australia, so I assume clones will vary in their cold tolerance.
Without knowing the origin of your plant, I would be hesitant to expose it
to as much cold as S. odorata would tolerate.  It should do fine with a wet
winter, though.  I have an S. sinensis (also origin unknown) that does fine
in wet soil if I place it in the refrigerator.  It also does fine sitting on
the floor of the greenhouse.  It tolerates freezing for short periods, but I
have been unwilling to risk it outdoors all winter here in zone 7.

Nick
-- 
Nicholas Plummer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids

Reply via email to