Hello everyone,

As my collection just keeps growing I am looking for a
new place in my home to winter my plants. I think I
came up with an idea to make a little grow room in my
basement. I will be using old storm windows to make an
enclosure. My question I have is with the lighting.

I have read that with standard flourecent lights the
plants should be no more than a few inches away from
the bulbs. Is this the case and how far away would you
say the max would be?

I was considering purchasing compact flourecents
because it seems they produce more light than the
standard fixtures which, I am assuming, would mean I
could leave a little more "head room" between the
plant and light fixtures. Is this true?

Any ideas, comments, suggestions, or your experience
with artificial lighting would be great.

Thank you everyone in advance,
Tom P. in PA

P.S. I mainly have mini-catts and phrags
New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - Send 10MB messages!
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail 
_______________________________________________
the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids

Reply via email to