I have gone down to 5 C at nights, 15 C days without trouble (with RH below 50 percent). Below that or with higher humidity and not too low temps. some bulbs develop damage, probably due to a fungus. In my experience, flowering do not seem affected by temps. I even grow some C. rosea plants in cool conditions (but high light) all year and they flower nice. Clowesia dodsoniana and glacucoglossa, on the other hand, do not stand temps. below 10 C, not matter what humidity. Hope this helps.
Regards
Jorge Melendez-Zajgla
A couple of days ago I received divisions of a couple of plants, amongst
which Clowesia warczewiczii (syn. Catasetum scurra) and C. rosea (syn.
Catasetum roseum). Although I am acquainted with the general cultural
preferences of Catasetinae, I would like to ask at what temperatures the
plants should be kept during their dry dormancy. Some sources claim that
they can take quite low temperatures, and that these even stimulate
flowering, while others have it that during dormancy the plants should be
kept under the same temperature regime as during active growth.



_________________________________________________________________
Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail
_______________________________________________
the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids

Reply via email to