I get a little confused about all the references to supposedly lax
inspection at Miami airport. Does no-one realize that Miami is by far the
busiest port for plant imports in the country and just maybe their
experience allows them to tell whether there is a quarantine issue or not
rather more quickly than some of the minor entry points? We import millions
of plants a year through Miami and have found the service to be firm yet
fair. After all, we have a much larger stake in being sure some new disease
or pest is not entering the country undetected than some small backyard
importer!

As to the reference to the varietal name 'Lyoth', it was used by the late
great orchid firm of Charlesworths. Although McBeans nominally took over the
Charlesworth line, their present Odonts are a far cry from the former
product.

Adios George Norris. Not someone who will be missed in the orchid world of
the honest traders!

Andy Easton