Max,
I think the problem is universal due to a couple of things;
1. Breeders in some countries use hybrids and then introgression to get a phenotype
that looks like a species but grows like a hybrid.
2. Somebody's best guess as to what an unlabeled hybrid is.
3. Just plain deceit.
4. Mislabled parents causing hybrids that were intended to be species ( I have a
beautiful C.Patracinii that I bought as a C.leopoldii (Cherry X Albino ) which
obviously has some loddegessi or harisoniana in it.
Paul LeBlanc