I have to agree with one of my colleagues when he said,  "I agree that
religion is important in society but I reject the underlying premises."  Go
Darwin.

Speaking of the evolution of orchids, I am familiar with the co-evolutionary
pollination strategies which account for the structures of many orchid
flowers.  However, I have never seen an explanation for the twisting of the
anther and lip in Ludisia discolor.  I assume this is also a co-evolutionary
feature relating to a pollination strategy.  Could anybody explain the
uncommon lack of symmetry in the flower of this species?  Dave