Hi Jerry.
 
For me it is a minor problem, as stated previously, a few of our members are having problems with perlite. Especially Catts and Paphs after 18 months or so of growing.
That is why I asked the question, so some of the experts around the world, on the OGM, whom haveing used this product may be aware of the problem.
Mostly now solved I guess by going to the jumbo product. As stated by Bill Dobson.
 
Thanks to the many whom gave constructive comments on the perlite size and its usage..
 
"If you
need an orchid fix then take the money you spend killing plants and go to
orchid shows in your area or join the local orchid society and make the
meetings."
 
I am a member of 3 orchid societys and its our local club that passed this new idea on.
 
Myself, I grow about 1,500 Paphs in Pine bark, very few problems over the years.
 
About another 1,000 or so Australian natives. 90% grown in Australain grown pine bark and a few mounted on Cork etc.
80 % of all these archiods are grown from flasks.
I do not run out and try the latest idear, because I am a lousy grower. I have 4 plants in  this perlite mix only , all are Odonts hybrids to try out and maybe learn of it good qualitys and faults.
 
I will step into the line of fire and ask such dumb question for myself and other people if it leads to a solution to the problem.
 
Thanks all whom replied and helped.
 
Ron Boyd on the far south coast of Australia.
 
 
"AND, Yes, I admit I still have the 10 vandas that I haven't gotten to
blossom here in northern Indiana. I am a slow learner.

Again, more thanks to those who commented on cost of shows.

Jerry in IN
_______________________________________________
the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
[email protected]
http://orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids_orchidguide.com

Reply via email to