It is horse shit and it is very smelly, I have been experimenting with it as a media as I have several horse stables around me. I have not tried any Paph's yet, but they are going into it this spring. The one think that I do not like about it is that you need to pay more attention to the plant than if you have it potted in normal media. Cymbidiums seem to like it and are growing well. Are they doing better than in normal potting media, I can not say right now. I will re-pot the plants this spring and see how they are doing, if I have good roots they will go back into horse manure. If not, I will move them on.

Tom Hillson

At 10:13 PM -0600 2/7/05, Steve Topletz wrote:
I don't know about you, but this sounds like horse shit to me.
What about paphs?

ST


Nic> www.vision.net.au/~nicvdb Nic> ----- Original Message ----- Nic> From: "rec.gardens.orchids group" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Nic> To: "rec.gardens.orchids digest subscribers" Nic> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Nic> Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2005 5:18 PM Nic> Subject: 17 new messages in 8 topics - digest


Nic> What is all this discussion on perlite and vermiculite when horse Nic> manure provides the perfect medium for orchids. What do people mean by Nic> 'good results'? A plant that is still alive or a plant that has Nic> multiple spikes. Check the photos on my website of the spikes and the Nic> root formation. Have you ever seen better roots on a plant grown in Nic> any other medium? Nic> - Nic.







Nic> _______________________________________________
Nic> the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
Nic> [email protected]
Nic> http://orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids_orchidguide.com


_______________________________________________ the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD) [email protected] http://orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids_orchidguide.com



_______________________________________________ the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD) [email protected] http://orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids_orchidguide.com

Reply via email to