Dear OGDers,

in Issue 154 mr. Peter O'Byrne placed the readers of the OGD in several groups.
Well, I'm in group H because I "collect" orchid literature. That is not on a professional scale but just for fun.
Some time ago I managed to buy a gorgeous set of plates, complete with the protective cover.
It's a set of 6 large plates depicting tropical orchids including 2 Stanhopeas.
The set is called: Les orchidees 1 Serie 6 plances.
The paintings are made by Emilie Vouga from Switzerland.
There is no date to be found on the cover nor the plates.


Is there anyone who can give me some information about the artist. I allready know that the set is really rare.
This is what I allraedy know about Emilie Vouga. (Mr. Rudolf Jenny kindly supplied the information.)


Emilie Vouga (born Prades), Vevey, Switzerland 1840 - 1909, artist and founder of the publishing company VOUGA.
She published her drawings as:
Flora Alpina, Geneva
Fleurs des Hautes Alpes, Geneva
Le champs et les bois, Geneva
Orchidees des Hautes-Alpes, Basel (1883)


Anything you can tell me about this artist or about her drawings would be very welcome.

Kind regards from The Netherlands
(where it is raining again!)
Bert van Zuylen



_______________________________________________ the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD) [email protected] http://orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids_orchidguide.com

Reply via email to