In a message dated 11/8/05 1:57:09 PM, Viateur writes:
Do you experience the opposite like I do?

Huh? Oh, yeah, in the normal world, humidity goes up at night. Gotta explain.
My plant room is completely enclosed & has no windows. It is very warm, over 80 F during the day except in the dead of winter. Sometimes it takes 3 humidifiers to keep the humidity at 70%. In order to get a halfway decent drop in temperature at night, for all the hapless CAM orchids, when we go to bed, in addition to the thermostat drop, we open the window in the room next to the plant room, open the plant room door, and point a big fan in that direction, so it blows the cool air into the plant room. This way I manage to get a 5-10 degree drop at night. However, with the plant room door open and the fan blowing, the humidity drops to near whatever it is in the rest of the basement. Seems to work pretty well. No, I don't try to grow Draculas, or even Miltoniopsis. I do have a couple of low-elevation Masdevallias, so I can't complain. I tried a Burrageara once, but it never grew any roots, indoors or out, & eventually died.
Iris
_______________________________________________
the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
[email protected]
http://orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids_orchidguide.com

Reply via email to