I appreciate Dr Cribb's mentioning of 1% for Orchid Conservation (1% 
FOC) and his comments on the need to save orchid habitat . I think the 
saving of orchid habitat is something most of us can agree upon. I see 
no reason why there cannot be a nature reserve in the valley that P. 
kovachii grows in. The raising of funds to save orchid habitat is one of 
the primary goals of 1% FOC. We are asking orchid societies and 
businesses throughout the world to donate 1% of their net revenue 
towards in situ orchid conservation of their choice. Orchid habitat is 
declining, and it is up to us orchid growers to protect for future 
generations all the aspects of this great hobby or vocation that we 
enjoy . A well used statement  from the Great Law of The Iroquois 
Confederacy " In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of 
our decisions on the next seven generations."
For more information on 1% for Orchid Conservation go to: 
http://www.orchidconservationcoalition.org

or any question feel free to e-mail me at the above address.

Mark Sullivan

_______________________________________________
the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
[email protected]
http://orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids_orchidguide.com

Reply via email to