Hi Bert.

The New Guinea Dendrobium species in section Grastidium that you queried:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/2299982680094255586swjLKg
http://community.webshots.com/photo/2817520600094255586uEJJqG

is neither D. igneum nor D. ochranthum. Both those species have
sidelobes that rise to a much longer free-standing falcate apex. D.
igneum also has leaves much smaller than shown in your photo, and
their base is twisted and crimped against the stem.

The plant in your photo looks much like the one illustrated on pages
362-363 of my book "Lowland Orchids of Papua New Guinea". I recorded
it as "Dendrobium D940, affin D. papyraceum J.J.Smith.", and never
managed to get any further with the identication. It may well be an
undescribed species.

Cheers,

Peter O'Byrne