OGD readers might be interested to know
about this open house coming up. Marni Turkel is a wonderful potter and
ceramics designer; I've collected over a dozen different 'Marni pots' through
the years, and find the soft glazes and textures and natural shapes complement
any orchids I display in them.
Any and all are warmly invited to
stop by Stony Point Ceramics studio in Santa
Rosa, CA on Saturday,
September 23, for Marni's
24th annual Open House and Seconds Sale. I helped out (wrapping purchases) last
year, and it was lots of fun... a chance to visit with friends new and old,
munch cookies, tour the studio, talk orchids, and shop for lovely pottery at
50% off. All first quality work on hand will be 20% off, too.
Here are the details. Directions are
on her web site.
September 23 (Saturday Only)
10am-3pm
Stony Point Ceramics Design
2080 Llano Rd #1B
Santa Rosa, CA
Phone 707-579-5567
http://www.marniturkel.com
So, if you are in the Santa Rosa area on
Saturday the 23rd, please come by the studio and say hello to Marni and the
rest of us.
Cynthia Hill
Berkeley, CA