Terry,

I do not make near as many crosses as you do ten a year vs. your  
hundreds, but I know that when I made significant changes to my  
greenhouse environment that I saw many changes in my seed pod  
production including both reductions in pod set at first to increases  
in pod set and seed production as the plants adjusted to the new  
condition. I would guess that your plants are simply reacting to all  
the changes, hurricane, fire and smoke, and upgrade in greenhouse  
covering and ventilation. I know it is not what you want to hear, but  
I would imagine that as the plants readjust to your new conditions  
that your breeding program will go back to normal. I know it is  
frustrating as I lost all my seed pods the year I recovered my  
greenhouse, but as the plants readjusted to the new conditions I am  
getting much better pod set and seed production on the few crosses I  
am making.

good luck,

Tom Hillson



_______________________________________________
the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
[email protected]
http://orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids_orchidguide.com

Reply via email to