Dear Siegrid
You have asked repeatedly for donations (donations was your word) of
photographs and content. You are right, I don't recall you asking for
specifically for money. Photographs and content are intellectual property
and as such have a monetary value at some point. Some of us value our work.
Before I donate my intellectual property, I want a clear explaination of
how it is going to be used. In one of your posts you mentioned paid
advertising on the website. I have been too suspicious of people's motives.
However, other than ask questions, I have not made any statements that
would even remotely be deemed libel. I have only asked questions.
I did get a chance to view your web site. I now realize that in many
ways you are creating an expanded version of "The Orchid Mall". Worthy in
its own right, not exactly a 501c3 educational charity, definitely not a
profit center.
I was not attacking you. I really was looking for a better
explaination of the project. If you feel insulted, I apologize. My error
was I really should have focused my comments on asking what the goal of the
project was. My mistake was focusing on explaining why I would not want to
donate effort and intellectual property to a project until I understood its
goals. The beta version of the website goes a ways toward explaining the
project. Please accept my apology.
Leo
_______________________________________________
the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
[email protected]
http://orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids_orchidguide.com