I have pretty much given you the benefit of the doubt all these years Iris
and just assumed that some folks on OGD were giving you a bad rap. But now I
see that you seem to be one of those people who engages the mouth before the
brain.
I am curious to know why you consider Sun Bulb Co. to be, as you put it,
"sleazebags". Is it because they make orchids and orchid supplies available
to people through chain garden centers? Have you ever visited Sun Bulb? Do
you know anything about the company and the people who own it? Or is your
opinion based on buying one orchid that you were unable to keep alive? I
know the Hollingsworths personally and they are two of the most honest and
honorable people that I know. They go a long way to provide quality products
in an extremely competitive market. Their potting materials are nicely
packaged with instructions on the back and produced to a consistent standard
of quality. Their fertilizers are urea-free and developed specifically for
orchids, by an orchid grower. Rob Palmer, SB's head grower is one of the
best orchid growers that I have ver met. It may not be so in the northeast,
but I know that here in the south I have heard of people buying sib-crossed
Cattleya species (C. amethystoglossa, C. leopoldii, etc) and awarded Ascda.
Yip Sum Wah plants from Sun Bulb at local Home Depots. Your comment insults
not only my friends, but me.

I thnk that now I am going to have to agree with Andy's assement of your OGD
posts...lots of unsubstantiated hot air.

Greg



_______________________________________________
the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
[email protected]
http://orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids_orchidguide.com

Reply via email to