Hello All,
This note doesn't involve orchids, but I think that a number of readers of this forum are also interested in other plants of bizarre or unusually interesting nature. We have a large plant of Amorphophallus titanum that has recently initiated a shoot. We don't know, at present, whether it's a new, massive leaf or an inflorsecence. The corm weighed 90 pounds when it was last repotted, so we hope that enough energy is present for an inflorescence. The plant is now being monitored by a webcam at: http://www.gustavus.edu/welcome/webcam/biology/image.jpg. In addition, I've posted some photos at my Flickr site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/aeranthes/. I'll plan to update the site, and there might be a special website set up for the plant. I'll post further developments.

Brian O'Brien

--
Brian A. O'Brien, Department of Chemistry, Gustavus Adolphus College
800 West College Avenue, Saint Peter, Minnesota  56082  U.S.A.
e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel. (507)933-7310     fax (507)933-7041   http://www.gustavus.edu/~bobrien 
_______________________________________________
the OrchidGuide Digest (OGD)
[email protected]
http://orchidguide.com/mailman/listinfo/orchids_orchidguide.com

Reply via email to