.

K Barrett, who writes::

>reminds me of the story of a couple (European?)
Peruvian and American

>who witnessed a pickup truck load of Phrag kovachii plants, ripped from the
>forest
Seven rice/coffee  sacks full  in a truck

>some scant weeks after Kovach brought his plant to light.
Seven months after Kovach purchased his.

>The couple had stopped for lunch (or shopping?)
walked to the hotel

>in a small Peruvian town,
orchid city Peru, not small, named Moyobamba

>came out of the resturant/shop and saw the truckload.
arrived at the hotel and saw the sacks in a truck parked in front of the hotel

>Quickly they agreed on a plan.
Lee never talked about a plan, there was no plan

>One person was to guard the truck from departing while
no one did guard the truck

>the other ran to get the cops.
no one went to get the cops

>Of course by the time the person got back (sans police) the truck had gone.
the truck drove off as soon as it was spotted by Peruvian and American

>However the guard believed s/he'd
she was not a guard, she was the wife of the American

>glimpsed an important European collector/vendor in the vicinity of the truck
>but not actually associated with it.
recognized the Peruvian farmer/ collector, the same one who sold Kovach the two
Pk

>rumors  regarding the vendor's identity and
 identity was announced by the American

>but the vendor/collector was never truly identified,
but he was identified for the American and his wife  know him personally.

>the plants never came to light,
but they did, they  were shown in a hotel in Tarapoto 60 miles away,  and shown
on the local TV

>nor as far as I know were they ever sold.
they were sold to two large  orchid vendors, one  in Peru; the other in Ecuador

The story was told by Lee Moore, the American, I have it on file and will be
pleased to send it  anyone who wants to read it.
Contact me off OGD via e-mail.

peter