Fellow OGD'ers,

I was writing from work, during one of the pauses in the daily grind. I
made the mistake of going with my recollections, which proved woefully
inaccurate. Ned Nash was never president of the AOS. He was on staff, and
coming from a small family business sized orchid company - he was working
to save the family size orchid businesses. He lost his AOS staff position
due to the membership down turn - so it was very unfair of me to include
him personally in culpability for the phenomena I was discussing as he and
the family firm was a victim of it. I apologize to Ned, and hope he
understands I was going from memory. Ned was very gracious in his note
pointing out the actually history, where I was wrong in my recollection. I
want to thank him publicly for being collegial in his pointing out the
actual history. He gave me the benefit of the doubt which is better than I
did for him by not checking my facts.

I have got to stay off the keyboard, my memory is apocryphal at best and I
do apologize to Ned Nash again for remembering incorrectly.
Leo