Julia,

Just a first impression, very off hand, but looks like Lespedeza to me,
maybe L. cuneata if it occurs in your area, but I'm far more confident of
the genus than the species. There are lots of them, tall, creeping,
slender, bushy, etc. and as with orchids the taxonomists have been
splitting out new genera, but I certainly don't keep up with them.

Steve

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008, Julia Redman wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have an attractive looking weed I'd like to identify.  Photos are posted
> on my blog.  Anyone know what this thing is?
>
> http://sapphirechild.blogspot.com/
>
> Thanks,
> Julia

-- Steve Marak