Viateur included:
"The New Encyclopedia of Orchids (Timber Press...) by Isobyl La Croix...
covers 1,500 orchid species...

Cultivation information includes details on the plants' habitat, including
elevation, climate and geography.
528 pages... 998 color photos"

I'd like to add my own opinion. I just received my copy and it's a very
pretty picture book. The information is brief but informative and
accompanying pictures are on the same or adjacent page. You don't have to
search for them. If you're out to make an "Iwanna" list, this is a nice
place to start. Besides the nice photos you'll pick up some interesting
information along the way. It's not written in language for the newbie, at
least not without a lot of research. I enjoy going over some of the sections
several times. As is the nature with such a book many species are not
included which you'd like to see but there are many you've never seen
before. I think it's well worth the price.
Gary