Lee, the COC regulations you read are at least four years old and have not been
updated, as I already posted earlier on this forum.

Sorry, but what you say is incorrect, Phytosanitary is not waived for what you
wish to Export and Ship to Canada.

My best advice to you is to check the  Canadian Import Rules yourself, these
are on the Internet.
Canadian Food Inspection Agency, (CFIA,)  Directive 96-09  can be found here:
http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/plaveg/protect/dir/d-96-09e.shtml
Canada is also  member country of CITES and enforces its rules and regulations.
CITES: http://www.cites.org/

The rules for Hand Carried orchids from Continental USA to Canada are different
from Shipping them.

You state that you wish to send them, if that means shipping  by courier, USPS,
etc.etc.,  the rules in 2006, when I last checked them in CFIA directive 96-06,
were as follows:

SHIPPING  Appendix II  orchids from the  Continental US to Canada, YOU, the
Exporter must:
1) ship the orchids  bare root  ( CFIA Directive 96-09)
2) Obtain a Phytosanitary Certificate from US authorities (CFIA Directive 96-09)
3) Obtain a CITES Export Permit from US authorities (CITES Rule)
Hope this helps.
peter