Following are some links to a photo that I took of P. querceticola during my
August trip to Goethe State Forest in Levy County.

Platythelys querceticola (listed in Luer as Erythrodes querceticola) is a
rather small Florida native orchid and member of the Spiranthine subtribe.  It
is probably most similar to the various "jewel orchids" such as Anoectochilus
and Haemaria/Ludisia.  Plants consist of a proportionately long stem with clear
green, clasping, tear-drop shaped leaves alternating up the stem.  They bear a
strong resemblance to dayflower or small "wandering jew" plants.  The imaged
inflorescence is approximately 1.5 inches tall:

http://www.flnativeorchids.com/images/orchids/platythelys_querceticola/Platythelys_spike_closeup.jpg

and, just to show the actual level of detail that I managed to capture of these
just-a-few-millimeter-wide flowers:

http://www.flnativeorchids.com/images/orchids/platythelys_querceticola/Platythelys_flower_closeup_detail.jpg

---Prem
www.premdesign.com